026: Are College Degrees Still Relevant For Hiring The Right Talent in 2022?
Companies have long used college degrees as a proxy for job competency and career readiness. However, after the COVID-19 pandemic labor shortage and the rise of remote work, numerous companies, especially in tech, are reconsidering their prerequisites for successful hires.
In today’s episode, Joey and Sommer discuss whether college degrees are still relevant when hiring the right talent. You’ll learn how to tackle this challenge as a small business and what to expect from this trend in the future.
Joey and Sommer also share their views on the pros and cons of drug testing and background checks. Should they be a part of your standard hiring process?
Tune in to find out!
- Intro (00:00)
- High, low, buffalo (01:41)
- WWWW: Are college degrees still necessary? (06:49)
- Why companies are eliminating college degree requirements (10:01)
- What to expect from this trend in the future (12:57)
- Should drug testing be a part of your hiring process? (19:56)
- The pros and cons of drug testing (21:27)
- What to consider before adding drug testing to your hiring process (27:14)
📰 Article in question:
Do you need HR consulting for YOUR small business? We got you covered!
👉 Learn more at: https://jumpstart-hr.com/
Do you have a question that you want us to tackle on the show?
📧 Email us at: [email protected]
Java With Joey (Monthly Small Business CEO Mastermind) - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/mwka2AyB/checkout
👉 Join our Empowered People Leaders Community [FREE Access] - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/MwchLoyL/checkout
👉 Join our Student and Early Stage HR Pro community -
Hosts: Joey Price and Sommer Ketron
This show is powered by Jumpstart:HR, LLC