031: The Great Regret? The Problem With The Great Resignation
The Great Resignation, also known as The Big Quit, is an ongoing economic trend in which employees quit their jobs in search of higher pay and a promise of better opportunities. But has this actually been the case?
Jumpstart HR consultant Devin Fruzyna joins Sommer to discuss why many employees currently regret quitting their jobs and how small businesses can adjust their recruiting process to remain competitive and hire the best talent in this new environment.
Sommer and Devin also share their thoughts on the pros and cons of assessments during the recruitment process. Tune in to learn when employment assessments are appropriate, their impact on the talent acquisition process, and how to set your hiring team up for success.
- Intro (00:00)
- Why so many employees regret quitting their jobs (03:13)
- How to adjust your recruitment process to hire the best candidates (06:07)
- Talent acquisition strategies for small businesses during The Great Resignation (11:44)
- The pros and cons of assessments in the recruitment process (19:35)
- One important thing to consider when doing assessments for candidates (26:30)
- Potential compliance issues to consider when issuing assessments (29:00)
📰 Article in question:
Do you need HR consulting for YOUR small business? We got you covered!
👉 Learn more at: https://jumpstart-hr.com/
Do you have a question that you want us to tackle on the show?
📧 Email us at: [email protected]
Java With Joey (Monthly Small Business CEO Mastermind) - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/mwka2AyB/checkout
👉 Join our Empowered People Leaders Community [FREE Access] - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/MwchLoyL/checkout
👉 Join our Student and Early Stage HR Pro community -
Hosts: Devin Fruzyna and Sommer Ketron
This show is powered by Jumpstart:HR, LLC