039: 4 Ways Small Businesses Can Better Support Working Parents
Balancing work and child care is a challenge countless employees face every day. Large organizations are taking action to combat burnout in working parents, some even building their own daycares. As a small business, offering onsite child care can be too expensive, but fortunately, there are alternative ways to support working parents without breaking the bank.
In this week's episode, Joey and Sommer share four ways small businesses can better support workers with child care needs. Tune in to find out more!
You'll also learn why helping workers navigate child care needs is a strategic investment regarding talent attraction and retention and what companies are doing to take care of their employees' mental health and wellbeing.
Sommer and Joey also discuss monkeypox from an HR perspective, its risks, common misconceptions, and some steps you can take to keep your team safe and your organization protected.
- How small businesses can better support working parents (00:00)
- What organizations are doing to help parents struggling with child care needs (03:10)
- Why many women left the workforce during the pandemic (06:43)
- Offering child care benefits as a talent retention strategy (10:47)
- Alternative ways small businesses can support working parents (16:17)
- What HR teams should know about monkeypox (22:04)
- How monkeypox could negatively impact your business (26:03)
- Should your business be worried about monkeypox? (29:43)
📰 Article in question:
Download our FREE Monkepox Q&A Sheet here.
Do you need HR consulting for YOUR small business? We got you covered!
👉 Learn more at: https://jumpstart-hr.com/
Do you have a question that you want us to tackle on the show?
📧 Email us at: [email protected]
Java With Joey (Monthly Small Business CEO Mastermind) - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/mwka2AyB/checkout
👉 Join our Empowered People Leaders Community [FREE Access] - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/MwchLoyL/checkout
👉 Join our Student and Early Stage HR Pro community -
Hosts: Joey Price and Sommer Ketron
This show is powered by Jumpstart:HR, LLC