041: 4 Ways Small Businesses Can Create A More Trans-Inclusive Workplace
A recent federal appeals court decision granted transgender workers broadened legal protections under the ADA. So, it's a good time for small businesses to reevaluate their current anti-discrimination policies and to find ways to provide the best experience possible for their trans workers.
In this week's episode, Sommer and Joey share tips for small businesses on creating a more transgender-friendly workplace. You'll learn to evaluate whether your business meets the new ADA compliance requirements and some examples of reasonable accommodations in the workplace.
Joey and Sommer also discuss the importance of training your team. The main reason employees leave organizations is a lack of growth opportunities - a recent survey showed that 74% of surveyed employees feel they aren't reaching their full potential at work due to a lack of proper training and development opportunities.
Tune in to find out how to own your role as a leader, how to influence people, and how you can train your team to perform better, communicate better, and embrace your company's culture better.
- How to create a more trans-friendly workplace (00:00)
- The implications of the new ADA ruling for small businesses (04:40)
- Examples of reasonable accommodations in the workplace (07:39)
- How to evaluate whether you're providing reasonable accommodations (09:50)
- The importance of training your team (14:25)
- Tips on becoming a better leader and influencing people (15:07)
- The main reason people leave organizations (19:09)
- The best thing you can do as a manager (21:53)
- The secret to becoming a great leader (25:38)
📰 Article in question:
Do you need HR consulting for YOUR small business? We got you covered!
👉 Learn more at: https://jumpstart-hr.com/
Do you have a question that you want us to tackle on the show?
📧 Email us at: [email protected]
Java With Joey (Monthly Small Business CEO Mastermind) - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/mwka2AyB/checkout
👉 Join our Empowered People Leaders Community [FREE Access] - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/MwchLoyL/checkout
👉 Join our Student and Early Stage HR Pro community -
Hosts: Joey Price and Sommer Ketron
This show is powered by Jumpstart:HR, LLC