042: Should Small Businesses Bring Employees Back To The Office?
Apple workers recently launched a petition against the company's reported return to office plan. If one of the most influential companies worldwide is getting pushback from its team, what does this mean for small businesses?
Today, Sommer and Joey discuss the pros and cons of asking team members to return to the office. Tune in to find out more!
You'll learn what to do if your employees don't want to return to the office and how this issue plays out in the context of company culture and the employee experience.
In this episode's 'Consultant's Corner,' Joey and Sommer also share all you need to know about employee handbooks; why you need one, what it should include, and some tips on creating the perfect employee handbook.
- Should small businesses ask employees back to the office? (00:00)
- Why workers in large organizations refuse to return to the office (05:35)
- Is remote work a sustainable option for small businesses? (06:54)
- Why not going back to the office could be harmful to company culture (10:17)
- Why an employee handbook is a crucial part of your HR toolkit (15:08)
- The dangers of not having an employee handbook (16:48)
- The number one reason your company needs an employee handbook (19:00)
- Best practices when creating employee handbooks (22:45)
- How often should organizations update their employee handbooks? (25:46)
📰 Article in question:
Do you need HR consulting for YOUR small business? We got you covered!
👉 Learn more at: https://jumpstart-hr.com/
Do you have a question that you want us to tackle on the show?
📧 Email us at: [email protected]
Java With Joey (Monthly Small Business CEO Mastermind) - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/mwka2AyB/checkout
👉 Join our Empowered People Leaders Community [FREE Access] - https://community.jumpstart-hr.com/offers/MwchLoyL/checkout
👉 Join our Student and Early Stage HR Pro community -
Hosts: Joey Price and Sommer Ketron
This show is powered by Jumpstart:HR, LLC